Introduction

This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England http://whatreallyhappenedinthechurch.blogspot.co.uk/

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/JJNP

Tuesday 12 December 2017

Tuesday

Morning peeps,

Yesterday morning I set off in the dark and snow, to get into town early, the dark and snow can confuse things on the long road, because I thought I was approaching the junction when I wasn't, I was going slow, but the snow was blowing fiercely.

The roads were busy, probably everyone had decided to go early and allow more time, and most people were being careful and allowing lots of room, which was good.

I had errands in town, including bank and pharmacy.

The bank was fine, I like the new twirly coin machine.

Then I went to the pharmacy, they looked at what I was on, and advised. Normally I would have the expectorant that the NHS said, but I can't afford it  and have got through two bottles of it this time anyway with no relief, and I have been on rather useless cold and flu capsules. So the pharmacy put me back on codeine and got me something to clear my lungs. Told me I need serious medical treatment if my lungs don't clear soon.

I came home in the sleet, rain, and wind, and the only option was to take these meds and sleep on the sofa in a blanket, so I did.

I woke from my drugged dream when the phone beeped at 11.45am, I was being asked to work a driving shift in the evening.

I didn't take any more codeine, and indeed I was feeling somewhat better, sometimes one dose of codeine can smack the pain out the window so my muscles can relax.
But outside the weather was still terrible, the forecast was for the rain and sleet to stop and the temperature to go below freezing, icy roads.

I decided I would go ahead and do the shift, I need the work, and they need to know they can rely on me and call on me, so I won't miss out on extra shifts.

I did the farm, the farm is very muddy, I need to find something so that we can safely do the animals without slipping. I need to do the animal bedding too.
This morning's garden has cancelled until the new year as their garden is under water.

I went to do the shift last night, I was expecting to be cold and for the roads to be really dangerous, but I was OK, and the roads weren't too bad, the gritters had been round and most places had standing water rather than ice.
I had one difficult experience, I was on a double delivery, and the satnav tried to send me to the second delivery down a country lane, I came to a ford, and it was passable, but I came to another ford and it wasn't, it was raging and I was worried, especially as the lane was tiny and I had trouble turning, some time later I got out of the country lanes, and the satnav promptly lost me on another route to the house. I was steaming by the time I got there and apologized for the delay.

The rest of the evening was relatively smooth, and the roads remained not too bad. I also didn't feel cold or unwell really, I didn't take any meds at all during the shift.

I came home and went to bed. Slept pretty soundly and no dreams, woke too hot.

Now I still have one person booked in and one floating garden, but I have a feeling that nothing much can be done, everything is currently frozen white. It is beautiful though.

There have been accidents locally over night and into the morning, currently counting one near here and three a bit  further out, so it did really freeze during the night. The gritters have been on duty all night, but of course they can't get everything.

I still have lingering illness problems but am feeling a lot brighter at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.