Introduction

This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England http://whatreallyhappenedinthechurch.blogspot.co.uk/

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/JJNP

Monday 23 January 2017

Monday night

Hey peeps,

What a day!

I was up nice and early for a shower before I defrosted Max.
Max was hard to defrost, temperatures have been down to -8, and as fast as I defrosted Max, he re-froze. But I was determined and I got him defrosted.

I set off, carefully as it was icy despite the gritters.
As I stopped in traffic, a text came up on my phone, which was on the passenger seat, and I could read it without touching the phone. It said 'The Van won't Start'.
Aha.

I continued, carefully as it was very icy and foggy, freezing fog, very low and with the trees frozen as well as the road. The traffic was stacking the other way and it was clear my way apart from idiot motorbikes overtaking their lanes.
Then up ahead there were flashing lights, hazard lights? Vision was so low, no, it was the gritter lorry having a second go at gritting.

I got to work and parked, my mate wasn't having any luck with the van and had put the battery on charge, so he was delayed.
The trainee managed to get to work despite his bus being delayed by a three-car accident. He was standing looking cold and miserable. I am the lucky one in our group because I feel the cold the least.

I gave the trainee a broom, shovel and bag, and got him doing parking bays and cigarette butts, and I went to do the litterpick. It was eerie walking alone in that thick fog, the birds were quiet and it was like walking through a dream.
The litterpick took two hours and two heavy bags of rubbish.
And by the time my workmate got the van started and got to work through the fog and mad traffic, it was teabreak!

We had a quiet and rather nice day despite the fog and cold.
The fog horns seemed silent until 10am, and the trainee said maybe they aren't allowed to make a noise before then in case they disturb the neighbours!
The most insistent fog horn was the ferry horn, it sounded like it was yelling at any madman out on a boat and in the deep water channel in this weather.

We moved shrubs, worked on borders, cut things back and did this and that. I did a lot of tidying up with the leaf blower, and by 3pm I went to get myself a cuppa, thinking we were finishing at four, and then my mate came and said we were finishing at 3.30, and I didn't mind a bit.
My adoptives randomly texted me and the world just seemed all happy and relaxed.

The drive home was careful, steady and problem free. Once home, I took a hot shower and tried to focus on anything at all, I am still struggling with a review. Not really focussed and too tired, I am off to bed in a minute.
It has been a sociable day. My adoptive brother emailed to say that his wife is recovering and is out of hospital, such good news. My neighbour kept me talking for a while, and I got a text from someone I get on well with. Hello everyone, why are you all chatting to me? Do I exist or something?

Humpf, us nortypersons are not sociable animals, but we tolerate social sometimes. People are nice, in small doses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.