Introduction

This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England http://whatreallyhappenedinthechurch.blogspot.co.uk/

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/JJNP

Wednesday 24 September 2014

Wednesday Afternoon

Good afternoon,

Well this morning I set off for the lunch club I had been referred to.
It was hard not to expect the same thing as my usual lunh club, but I tried to warn myself that this lunch club would have other welfare cases like me, and possibly homeless people. I have to try and avoid rough sleepers because rough sleeping is an addiction and it is an addiction I will always have.

When I got there I was surprised to find no-one smoking outside and no one there except an old lady and a few staff.
The staff were very nice, they sat me with this old lady who silently disapproved of me, especially as I had come in all wet from cycling through the rain.
So it was a bit embarassing. They brought us a plate of hot dinner and said no-one else had turned up so we might have to eat some extra.

It was an embarassing silence unless the staff came out, and they assured me that usually a few more people came. To me it was a bit of a shock because my other lunch club is always packed, with over a hundred people there.
Anyway the food was good but we did end up with seconds. Three more people came in, making us five for the meal and three staff and one dog.
The staff were nice but I was at a loss.

After the meal I was feeling sleepy, as I am when I get a full meal, as I am not used to it  and really I had eaten too much, which isn't great, but I do not officially start watching my eating and what I eat until next monday, when I have an oven and can cook healthily.

I biked home along the bay, the tide was still in and smacking the wall but the rain had stopped so people were out, it had been deserted on the way down.

I got home, so tired, I fell into bed and slept for a few hours, light and troubled sleep full of terrors and dreams.

It is a nice evening but I am tired and muzzy. I am listening to an old favourite, this song is fun because of the duet at the front and the Pogues and Dubliners duelling in the background. I miss Ronnie Drew: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHDX9qb2-BQ

The other thing is, Sam Mezec's speech about the Dean of Jersey on my other blog, it illustrates what I always say about church and state, I can never word it so well, not fair that other people can.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.