Introduction

This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England http://whatreallyhappenedinthechurch.blogspot.co.uk/

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/JJNP

Thursday 7 August 2014

Thursday Night

Good evening,

Well I struggled to life this morning with very little hope.

At midday I set out on a long bike ride experiment, a bike ride into the big town 8 miles away.

Almost all of the journey is along a cycle track, but I had to find the track first, it is the other side of the estate the other side of the main road.

So, I got to the cycle track and off I went. Some of the time the bike was freewheeling, sometimes it was hard to pedal and I felt tired, but it was generally a smooth, problem-free ride, with lots of other cyclists and walkers around, so I had to work out what was the best thing to do in passing people and letting people by and things. It can be like a racetrack, you overtake, they overtake, etc.
Sometimes I felt like the lad in 'Goodnight Mr Tom' wobbling nervously along.

But the bike surprised me, I am not fit, but the bike is fast, and I overtook people.

To be honest, the bike is a bit awesome. People see it and go 'oh a Raleigh!' cos now that is special, whereas when I was a kid, we all had Raleighs, that was the norm.
This is a sturdy raleigh with 15 gears and it goes like Herbie.

I stopped a few times for water and inhaler. And I got a few pictures.
At one point there was a derelict railway station, because the cycle track is the old railway line, so I stopped for a break, and a lady was selling water and cakes, so I got a bottle of water for 50p as I had run out.
Eventually I reached town, so that was half a successful new venture, and to my delight, the cycle track ended at KFC, so I had my lunch there.

It did feel funny, sitting in KFC in town without having been on the bus, and looking at my bike locked outside. A bit of a big change to my brain's usual tracks, so it has to adjust.
Anyway, I had a wander in town, got £10  and got phone credit.
And headed back, wondering if it was going to be an ordeal as I was tired and had forgotten to take any asperin (thins blood, helps heart), as, in this warm weather and suddenly exercising a lot, I am more at risk, and the symptoms begin with a headache.

Anyway, I picked up speed on the way back and made a good journey, never exhausted.
I stopped a few miles from home because I have had a bad few weeks and I need my Mother. So I phoned my friends and they are hoping to come and see me.

I got home, tired and hot, and had a rest, tempted to go to bed, but decided not to upset my sleeping pattern even more.
Eventually I hung the washing, put the rubbish out and had a cycle round the block instead of a walk.
It is so tempting to just keep going though, so much easier than walking.

Here I am, ready for bed and sleep. I am in pain from the bike ride, but at least I can get to places now.
And it keeps me away from increasing sudden allergic reactions to perfume and aftershave as well as helping me to get strong and fit, well, I dunno about that but I can ride a bike, and that is good.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good bike. I can picture you wobbling like that marvellous scene in "Goodnight Mr Tom".

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.