Introduction

This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England http://whatreallyhappenedinthechurch.blogspot.co.uk/

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/JJNP

Monday 23 December 2013

Monday 23rd December -evening

Good evening,
I have managed to get the internet up and running here, this is good.
The blogs will start running normally again.

Some of the blog posts so far do not appear to say anything apart from 'read more', and if you click on that, you get the blog post.

The weather has been terrible, but I am tucked up in bed, with the television on, the fairylights on the tree and the dressing table are shining, there are lots of christmas goodies and I have put tinsel everywhere, my friend brought a poinsettia, and the candle is burning, it is very Christmassy, I am watching Christmas videos and waiting for one of my favourite films 'Airplane' to be on later, it is a Lesley Nielsen film and it is hilarious.

My bed has my own duvet and pillows on and my two pink cushions, and I have now got a hot water bottle and a wool blanket, and I have my princess blanket round my shoulders, warming up after being out in the storm.

It is interesting how you can transfer things from rough sleeping to house dwelling, I have been trying to work out how to deal with my problems sleeping.
We got me my princess blanket because I had been so used to having a blanket round my head while I slept at night, and the room is unheated, which is essential for a rough sleeper in transition, so we went to get me a blanket, and the shop had a choice of princess or racing car blankets, so I have a princess blanket, I have two pink cushions, one from the shoebox I was given, and one which is a neck support pillow for keeping my spine supported at night, I also have a pink bath towel, so all of a sudden, I am a girl!

Anyway, so there is a blanket round my head at night for warmth and security, and I have my lantern by my bed, the lantern that used to be beside me when I slept on the ground.
So, familiar things should help the terror that disturbs my nights, and maybe  Horlicks and a hot water bottle will help me to stay calm and warm.
It is, as I have always said, colder in an unheated house than it is in a proper blanket pile of a rough sleeper, this is true, and none of the house dwellers used to believe me when I told them I could stay warm in temperatures well below freezing outside, but it was perfectly true, I could, I actually find adjusting to a bed very hard, because I do not quite know how to keep warm and relax, I will 'blanket pile' it a bit with my new wool blanket, and I will have to think about how to keep my spine supported, because lying on the ground kept my injuries in place, and this mattress does not, I think a foam layer might help.

So, here we are, awaiting Christmas Eve, and, for now, I am home. On condition that the Diocese of Winchester leave me alone, if they do not, I will fight them from the streets again.
I am very grateful to everyone who has helped me get this far, it has been a turbulent journey.
Happy Christmas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.