Introduction

This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England http://whatreallyhappenedinthechurch.blogspot.co.uk/

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/JJNP

Sunday 18 December 2011

When I left the library last night it was snowing, real thick snow, I walked up to the samaritans with a sticker cup of tea, when I got there I was covered in snow and it was settling on the ground outside, 'It's snowing' I told the samaritans, 'so it is' they replied, they got me cups of tea and lent me the phone to phone P. He said I was welcome to come and sleep on his floor.

I went to soup kitchen first, the snow turned to sleet and rain, then I went to P.'s house. He was in his neighbour's bedsit, and he said they were both stoned, he said that he was going to stay in there and watch sports until 4am and I could go to sleep in his room, I made a cup of tea for all of us and went to his room to sleep. He said that he probably wouldn't wake up when I went in the morning.
He had told me he had redecorated the room with pictures and things, and I was quite impressed, he had newspaper cuttings, posters, inspirational quotes, pictures and all sorts of things on the walls, and when I turned off the light the room was aglow with luminous stars and other shapes. I took a night time dose of inhaler to keep my lungs open despite the smoke, I only take a night time dose when I have to.

I slept, and woke up at 2am when P. came back and started hungrily eating a sandwich,
'I thought you were staying up till 4 to watch the boxing?' I asked him,
'I fell asleep' he said and climbed into bed, he asked me a load of questions and then fell asleep, so did I.

I woke up as it started getting light, I got up and sneezed, and P. woke up briefly as I got up to go, I said goodbye and headed off to the market, dressed in my new jeans. The roads were frozen and icy, and the cars were driving very slow, there was snow on top of ice on car windscreens but the snow on the ground had all but gone.

At the market there was tea and chatter and freezing cold police officers who had come to get their bacon rolls before they changed into their uniforms and went on duty, they are mainly special constables and so they don't scare me so much as their uniform is different anyway when they are in it.

I went in McD's and had a wash in their disabled toilet, and went back to the market stall and waited for 10.30, 10.30 is church time or library time, and library time is easier for me than church, though it does get a bit stressful at the weekend when there are only a few computers and you get people hanging around behind you and staring at your work as they wait desparately for a computer, annoying and intimidating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.